(as of Jul 23,2022 06:13:21 UTC – Details)
1. Line an ungreased baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add water, 3 tablespoons sugar, salt, and 3 tablespoons oil. Stir until mixture reaches a boil, about 4 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Add flour and stir until combined.
4. Scoop dough into a large piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Let dough cool until you are able to hold the bag comfortably, about 10 minutes.
5. Pipe dough into 6” lines onto prepared baking sheet.
Place sheet into freezer to set 1 hour.
6. In a large, heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, add remaining 4 cups oil. It should measure to a depth of about 3”. Heat until oil reaches 375°F. Line a large plate with paper towels and set aside.
7. In a medium shallow bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
8. Carefully slide one Churro into hot oil. Flip while frying until golden brown, about 2 minutes total.
9. Remove from oil with tongs and place in bowl with sugar cinnamon mixture. Turn to coat Churro thoroughly, and transfer to lined plate to cool. Repeat with remaining Churros.
Ingredients 1 cup room-temperature water 3 tablespoons plus ½ cup granulated sugar, divided ½ teaspoon salt 3 tablespoons plus 4 cups vegetable oil, divided 1 cup all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Publisher : Adams Media (November 10, 2020)
Language : English
Hardcover : 240 pages
ISBN-10 : 1507214510
ISBN-13 : 978-1507214510
Item Weight : 1.6 pounds
Dimensions : 7 x 0.7 x 9.13 inches